amazon.com

ad brite ads

Your Ad Here

Hi visitor!

These are mostly serious stuff. Reviews. Comments. Analysis. And lots of thoughts on stuff. I would love to read your comments. Happy reading!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Nationalism in shirts




I have been noticing for sometime now the emergence of t-shirts with nationalistic designs. Shirts with the 8-rayed sun and three stars, representations of the Philippine flag, and even artistic portraits of national heroes.

When we went to attend a wedding in Jala-jala, Rizal last Saturday, we passed through Tanay town to change rides (I do not know of any direct rides from Metro Manila to Jala-jala). On our way home, we took some time to visit the local tiangge for some post-Christmas shopping. I can't help but notice the various displays of shirts with sun and star designs. Some even have "I'm proud to be Pinoy" in-scripted in the front of the shirt.

So I thought, is this a drive to raise the nationalistic spirit of the Filipino or is this a post Manny Pacquiao-Oscar dela Hoya sale? I got a chance to peek at one of the shirts with what looks like Manny Pacquiao printed on it with a "Kaya ng Pinoy" superimposed on the lower part of the image.

Whether it is for Manny or for the country in general, these shirts are coming out everywhere. I am guessing that one of these days, these shirt designs will have a new addition on them. The face of a presidential candidate now that the 2010 presidential election looms in the horizon.

No comments: