amazon.com

ad brite ads

Your Ad Here

Hi visitor!

These are mostly serious stuff. Reviews. Comments. Analysis. And lots of thoughts on stuff. I would love to read your comments. Happy reading!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's a two way street

You walk along the curb wide enough for two people. You meet chance upon two people going the opposite direction. Do they give way or do they assume you will step aside?

Only a handful will be courteous enough to walk behind his/her companion so you will not bump into each other.

Most of them will squeeze in with their companions and give you half of "your share of the path."

Some will totally ignore you hoping you will step aside. And if you do bump into them, a few others will get upset as if they own the streets.

If you are someone popular, these "most, some and few" will gladly step aside with a smile hoping to be recognised and earn the bragging rights of meeting somebody important.

This is the reality in my country. Almost everybody only care about those who they can benefit from.

They care for those who are famous. They care for those who can contribute to their recognition. They care for those who can give them back something bigger than their own.

So what do I do? I bump on to those inconsiderate (beep!). Pain is such a good teacher. More pain leads to a clearer perception on things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is particularly true, as I've experienced it myself. If they won't budge, I won't either. Until the last minute, anyway, then I'll twist a little sideways, still hoping to bump them to reality.