amazon.com

ad brite ads

Your Ad Here

Hi visitor!

These are mostly serious stuff. Reviews. Comments. Analysis. And lots of thoughts on stuff. I would love to read your comments. Happy reading!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On the prowl

Last night as I walk from the office to Crossing along Shaw Boulevard, I was invited to a "business seminar" in a tall building (DispoPhil building?) across Astoria Plaza in J. Escriva Drive.

As I walked past Red Ribbon in the corner of J. Escriva and Shaw, I was greeted by an Asian woman claiming that she is a Chinese individual and is not really good in speaking English. She asked me if I wanted to make some money and learn business. I politely told her that I am earning enough and am not in any urgent need for money (fingers crossed). She asked me if I can accompany her to a meeting in the above-mentioned building since she is not well versed in English. I told her I had to meet someone and that I am running late (for the benefit of my wife, I was not meeting anyone).

We parted ways and I was off to Crossing.

Along the way, I spotted similar-looking individuals in their 40s talking to random individuals or writing down something on pieces of paper (maybe a phone number or a way to explain things). I saw some go with the Oriental-looking individuals to the direction where the building is located.

I saw some more inside Shangri-La Mall and on the other side of Shaw Boulevard around Central Mall.

What could they be up to? Will those who were enticed to join find a better way to earn a living or will they fall victim to something bad? I guess I will never know. :(

No comments: