amazon.com

ad brite ads

Your Ad Here

Hi visitor!

These are mostly serious stuff. Reviews. Comments. Analysis. And lots of thoughts on stuff. I would love to read your comments. Happy reading!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blame is a two-way street

I have read an article this morning on the education crisis. This article somewhat puts blame on the education sector for its various shortcomings.

I have also read several articles on the deteriorating roads, low-quality of services in some hospitals, and many more.

Often, I read about experts or people in power putting the blame on those who are directly involved in preventing this "shortcomings." Those directly involved will most probably loose interest in their work, and think of themselves as unqualified for the job.

Personally, I believe putting all the blame on one person is not going to solve anything. I believe that those "experts" and "people in power" are also to blame though not is the same degree, probably.

The question that comes up my mind every time I hear a blame is, "What did we do to help prevent whatever from happening?" Another question is "Did we ever do our part to help prevent bad things to happen?"

I think critics should do the same. I believe we are all in this together. We can't just sit idly by and let other people do what they have to do.

We don't need to be nosy and be like backseat drivers. We have to do our share. Offer our help. Suggest solutions to the problems.

A friend once said, "If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem and I am going to take you out along with it."

Have a good day!

No comments: