amazon.com

ad brite ads

Your Ad Here

Hi visitor!

These are mostly serious stuff. Reviews. Comments. Analysis. And lots of thoughts on stuff. I would love to read your comments. Happy reading!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Reaching to the child in you

If people would just reach into the child in them, life may be more enjoyable.

Children often find joy in the most simple things in life. Even the most affluent ones seem to be more carefree and happy when shown simple things the less fortunate ones enjoy.

When people get older, they tend to become more serious. Most can't even laugh anymore with simple jokes. They tend to look for something better than what they already have. Maybe this helps us progress to the next level of social stature. This attitude does lead towards achieving better things and possessing materials of better quality. This tendency to get more helps us exceed our potential.

Unfortunately, this also tends to take other people away from what is basic. What is simple. What is doable. What is better for all.

Communism for example is a good economic template. Cooperative input for the benefit of all. After reading the Das Kapita, I am enlightened by the concept of communism that I believe has been abused by some communist leaders. It has been abused so that the communist rule that they put in place is not much different from capitalism. What happens is that they now have a capitalism-controlled communism.

Being in touch with ones inner child allows a person the luxury of enjoying what is simple. A candy can make you smile. A day at the carnival will take your worries away. Sitting back and thinking about your childhood is a good way to relax. It works for me. Unless of course your childhood was not that fun.

When I was young, I used to long for toys that look exciting. I used to ask my mom and dad to buy me toy guns. Now, I can take apart, reassemble, and shoot a real gun. But still, the joy of playing toy guns with your friends is much fun.

While in the office, I tune in to Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Animax and watch a few cartoon shows. I enjoy a few laughs and I get to relieve myself with the stress brought about by my work.

Behaving like a child from time to time is a more relaxing exercise than having drinks or nights out. It helps me recharge and get a better perspective at what I do. Just don't behave like one when your boss is on to you. You'll get fired for sure. Unless he behaves the same way you do. :)

No comments: